Friday, October 2, 2015

Where do you feel it in your body?

By Kitty-Grimm

Where do you feel it in your body?
That misery that rises from the puddles outside your door


That ache that comes with the winter
Where do you feel it in your body?
I feel it just below my breasts
In the hollow
But within
Where do you feel it in your body?
When I say I love you
When I smile with my eyes at something you said
Where do you feel it?
I feel it higher across my chest
In the center
And within
Where do you feel it in your body?
When you think you are not enough
When the moon seems to rise before dawn
Where do you feel it?
I feel it in my belly
Yanking me forward, relentless
Do you feel nervousness in your hands?
Do you feel longing in your lungs?
Besides you knees, where do you feel it when you pray?
And what, pray tell, is my hip telling me?
What story have a buried in my shoulder?
Is there grief in my lower back?

Where do you feel yours?

When I first read Even Ensler talk about being DIS-embodied, I knew I was, but I had no idea what it  meant to be EMbodied. I had no idea how to get there. 

I mostly hoped it would happen all of a sudden - like maybe my soul would one day just slide down in to me like a selkie into their seal skin. And then I would swim and feel and be complete.

But I'm already in my body, it turns out.

I just wasn't listening.

Are you in yours?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...