Monday, February 12, 2007

Delicious Reading

I can't think of anything better than a great book. I've been completely lost in the world of Twilight over the last few days. I can't put it down. And it's such a release and relief to be this obsessed and totally distracted into a novel. Between the house and the pregnancy and my job, I've been stressed and too concerned about every little thing in my life. Completely losing myself into the fictional existence of a teenage romance involving Vampires has certainly done the trick to snap me out of my funk. It's wonderful!!

Of course, I'm dreading the day when the book is done. I may cry, even if it has a happy ending. However, I just googled the author and found out there is a follow up book to the story. What a relief! Now I can lustily read as much as I want and not worry about running out of it too quickly.

This book was loaned to me by Jessy Parker, our dear friends' 16 year old daughter. She's my friend too. I sort of had that pompous attitude that I would read it to be nice. How good could a teenage book be? I underestimated Jessy's love of reading. It is so absorbing and delicious. I can hardly put it down. Mmmmmm....it's such a warm feeling to know it's there waiting for me to read. I even broke down and brought it with me today. I should just leave it home and know I can read it before bed. That will make it last longer and also not be a potential distraction to my work day. Maybe just one chapter before my meeting...

If you're interested, the novel is Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. It's not as complicated and well written as say The Secret Life of Bees or The Time Traveler's Wife, but it's equally as enchanting and addicting. It's definitely distracting me from nausea and headaches and worrying about the FUTURE, which is a blessing and a miracle. And it's just so yummy. I could literally eat it!!

1 comment:

Emily said...

HEATHER!! Hi! I'm sorry I never responded to your comment. I wanted to say a big hearty CONGRATULATIONS! Having a kid is... well, interesting. But totally in a good way. You and Marco will be excellent parents and I say this because you are OPEN MINDED PEOPLE. That is such a good good thing.

Would love to catch up with you sometime!!!
Love
Emily

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...