Wednesday, February 28, 2007

And now the sun's coming up

I love nothing more than to be greeted with Tom Waits singing Ol' 55 on my way to work. I have the CD in the player to depend on at a moment's notice. However, today, as I drove down Beach Drive, creek roaring full of melted snow, sun shining in my eyes, they played my song on XM's Folk Village. Pure bliss.

So, here is the image of how I feel together with they lyrics. If you haven't listened to Tom Waits, you really ought to. I love him later with his gravel voice, but I tend to listen more to The Early Years Vol. 2 over and over again. It makes me smile.




My time went so quickly,
I went lickety-splickly
out to my old '55
Pulled away slowly, feeling so holy,
God knows, I was feeling alive.
And now the sun's coming up,
I'm riding with Lady Luck, freeway cars and trucks,
Stars beginning to fade, and I lead the parade
Just a-wishing I'd stayed a little longer,
Oh, Lord, that the feeling's getting stronger.
Now six in the morning, gave me no warning;
I had to be on my way.
Lights passing and trucks a flashing,
I'm on my way home from your place.
And now the sun's coming up,
I'm riding with Lady Luck, freeway cars and trucks.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...